If you are a child, under 18 year of age, you need to prove your relationship to parent such, you are the son, daughter, step child or an adopted child. Importantly, your parent will need to demonstrate they have ‘sole responsibility’ of your upbringing.

Further, your sponsor will need to demonstrate that he or she can provide you with accommodation and financially support you without recourse to public funds.