Although there is no need for the EEA nationals to get a resident permit as it only confirms their existing rights to stay and work. However, it is considered important when there is a non-EEA national family member deriving his / her rights from the EEA national.

To apply for a EEA Resident Permit you will need to show:

  • You are a national of an EEA member state
  • You are exercising your Treaty Rights in the UK, such as, you are a worker, self employed person, self-sufficient person, student or retired person.

The Resident Permit is granted for a duration for the length of the purpose you require.