This category is for graduates who have been identified by participating Higher Education Institutions as having developed world-class entrepreneurial ideas or skills to extend their stay in the UK after graduation in order to set up a business in the UK.
The business can be as a self-employed – sole trader, a partnership or a company registered in the UK.
A Graduate Entrepreneur is granted leave for a period of 1 year and will only permitted to work for the business the applicant has established.
The Graduate Entrepreneur will need to show:
- You are Endorsed by an approved UK Higher Education Institution
- The Endorsement confirms that your business idea has been assessed
- You have been awarded the a graduate or postgraduate degree
- You meet the English language requirement
- You meet the Maintenance requirement
Each year the UK Visas and Immigration place a limit on the number of applications it will grant. Between 2015 – 2016 the limit is 1,900 applications.