The Tier 4 (General) visa are for applicants who wish to study at a UK institution.
A Tier 4 (General) applicant will need to show:
- He is aged above 16 years old
- Has a valid Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the institution
- Has the balance of the course fees
- Meets the Maintenance requirements
- Meets the English Language requirement
The recognised sponsor (school/college/university) where appropriate must be registered as a Tier 4 Sponsor with the UK Visas and Immigration.
The applicant is required to demonstrate access to sufficient funds in either his own personal bank accounts, parents personal bank accounts or evidence of sponsorship recognised by the UK Visas and Immigration. These funds must have been available for at least 28 days prior to the application and the last date of the bank statement or letter cannot be more than 1 month old.
The amount of maintenance will vary depending on where the institution is located, inner or outer London.